Calgary Indoor Beach
Indoor beach volleyball? Like, with sand?
Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of questions about our indoor beach facility so hopefully these will answer a few of them! If you have a question that isn’t answered here feel free to reach out and ask. We are always happy to talk about The Beach YYC.
– All customers must pre-register, there will be no drop-ins or late additions to camps, parties and bookings
– Daily check in and sign off on customers being healthy with no indication of Coronavirus like symptoms
– Staff will sanitize and clean all frequently touched surfaces, balls and toys before and after every booking
– Change rooms and showers are closed. Come ready to play!
– Summer Beach Camps will be kept to small groups
– Hand sanitizer is provided, and please bring your own as well
– Bring your (not-glass) water bottle already filled
Follow the link (computer) or download the app (cell phone), and select The Beach YYC as the company you want to access. We are right at the top of the list under our province, AB. Create a profile, and from there you will be able to register for the leagues you want to play in!
At the moment we have a mix of Rec Mix 6’s, Intermediate Mix 4’s, and Competitive Mix 4’s on the plan. We are working out the timing of drop-in nights, and monthly member cards. We are also working out details for our youth leagues, which won’t be available until we can have a few months to sort ourselves out.; we will see how our schedules, staff, and league popularity work for the first few months as the business grows.
As far as other scheduled sports, we are running beach ultimate frisbee on Friday nights, and will have Spikeball setup on nights when not all the courts are needed.
Hopefully we will have enough time for everyone’s beach dreams to come true!
We have two ways to keep the dust down: we have a big new HVAC unit that will help pull dust out, and we will regularly water the beach to keep the dust to a minimum.
Downstairs next to the beach courts we have a few picnic tables where you can hang out, watch some games and have a snack. We also have an upstairs mezzanine where the future licensed cafe will go, which will include a small patio area that overlooks the entire beach.
When we run other sports, such as one-off beach soccer or tennis, you may need to bring your own supplies, but we will let you know when the time comes.
Spikeball sets will be provided when there is some beach available.
You should certainly bring a towel for when you rinse off your feet, and if you plan to have a shower!